Industry News

Industry News

The latest data on mulesing status from the National Wool Declaration was released by AWEX last week. It shows a significant 16% fall in the total number of first hand bales for the season to February. However, the number of bales declared as Non-Mulesed (NM) or as Pain Relief (PR) both recorded much smaller declines: 6% lower year on year for PR-declared wool and just 4% lower for NM-declared wool. As a result, the proportion of wool offered at auction in the July 2018 to February 2019 period declared as NM reached 13%, the highest share ever recorded. The proportion of wool declared as PR was 34.5%. In total, 47.5% of wool offered at auction this season was either from non-mulesed sheep or from sheep mulesed with pain relief.

Further details, including a chart showing the shows the total number of bales in each category of mulesing declaration for each season to February since 2013/14, is contained in this week’s edition of the Weekly Newsletter. Available to NCWSBA members.

NCWSBA Logo Welcome

NCWSBA logo white


The National Council of Wool Selling Brokers of Australia


National Council of Wool Selling Brokers of Australia



You need to enable user registration from User Manager/Options in the backend of Joomla before this module will activate.